The month begins with The Guardian claiming on October 9 that the iPad mini will be wi-fi only. On October 14, Apple Insider reports that the iPad will retail for between €250 and €650, reveals what it believes will be the final specs, and claims that it will be available in black or white. On October 16, Apple sends out invitations to an upcoming launch on October 23. While the invitation refers to "a little more," it makes no explicit claims that it does intend to reveal an iPad.
With less than a week to go before the launch the industry seems to agree that:
- The screen will measure 7.85 inches.
- It will be available in black or white.
- It will have a Lighting connector.
- It will run on an A5 processor.
- It will have 512MB of RAM
- It will have three storage capacities, starting at 8GB.
- It will be wi-fi only, wi-fi+3G or wi-fi + 4G.
- It will cost around $249 for the entry-level model.
However, everyone will have to wait until Tuesday to see if the rumors are true after all.
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn